Sunday, October 17, 2010

My New Cool Android Phone

    So during a break we were talking about the weather, and speculating whether or not we would be working tomorrow because of the weather.  Well, I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I am addicted to the weather reports since I started Flagging.  I check out different websites, and check the television and listen to radio reports.  I compare these reports, taking into consideration where they are reporting from thus making my own, personal prediction.  Soon I'll have charts and graphs...the works!  
     But at work I don't have a radio, or tv, so I rely on two apps I have on my cell phone.  Usually the guys on the crew just make fun of all the apps I have but today they were like, "Jody...what does your phone say about tomorrow's weather?"  And I was like, "Would that be the same phone you make fun of?"  They were like, "Hahaha, Yeah."  So I pulled up Accu Weather and Weather Bug...and they both said RAIN tomorrow.  70 and 80% rain.  Whoo hooo!  So we were all planning and plotting, scheming and hoping, and dreaming for a rain day.
    The next day is here, and I have on my rain coat, and my hood is up, and I am waiting for the sky to open up and torrents of rain to fall.  I am waiting for the gas company to call and say the day is a NO GO.  
     Do they call?  No.  
     Is there one drop of rain?  No.  
     Does the sun have the audacity to shine?  Yep.      
     So, my fancy-schmancy, awesome android phone, the pink one with the cool etchings like tattoos, and the bazillion apps was about as good as the wonderful, incredibly credible, Magic Eight Ball!!!!  I could have said, "Is it going to rain tomorrow?" and I'd flip that Magic Eight Ball and the murky answer window would say, "Without a doubt".  Or I could say, "Will we be working tomorrow?" It would reply, "My sources say no".  Even a "Reply hazy, try again" would be closer than my local meteorologists!!!  Ugh. Maybe, just maybe these weathermen are using the Magic Eight ball to predict the weather, and they make it look legit with their maps, and charts, and graphs......
     Magic Eight Ball, do our weathermen consult you for the daily weather?  Outlook not so good;  It is decidedly so;  Better not tell you now;  Very doubtful;  Yes - definitely; It is certain; Cannot predict now; Most likely.   
                                         There ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment