Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dogs And Their People

     This neighborhood has the best-walked dogs in the country!  It's great!  I've met a whole new cast of characters for my novel.  Did you ever see that tee shirt that says careful, or you'll end up in my novel?  I'm just saying....
     So here is who I've met:  There's Princess with her guy, Rob.  Princess is a rescue (Yay, Rob!)  She's a corgi-something mix...what a sweetie!  Rob said she came with the name Princess, and they thought she could keep it.  Nice people.
     And there's Tank, and his people Peg, Brian and Tim....Tim got Tank for his old girlfriend, and Tank is with them.  Hmmm... anyway these are great people.  Tank is a lab-boxer-pit bull mix, and is sweet and gorgeous.  He's also amazing off the leash!  They have told me that if I ever needed anything I could just ask...cool!  So, I got to talking with Peg, who is a teacher, and she's going to keep her eye on the bulletin board at school and let me know if any openings come about.  Ooh, I hope, I hope, I hope!  That's not such a big favor, is it?
     I met a gorgeous Springer Spaniel, whose name is NOT Daniel.  (I once had a dream that I owned a Spaniel named Daniel, and my brother, Daniel, was very amused.)  This Spaniel walks quite nicely.  I like that in a dog.  I was so taken with this beautiful dog, that I have forgotten his name and the names of his people.  They'll be by again, and I'll find out who they are!
     Then there was the dachshund named Schatz, from a long line of dachshunds with very German names!  It was fun talking to Schatz's owner...poor little Schatz takes about eight steps to her owner's one step!  That's a long walk!
     These are really happy dogs! (I kept typing 'dog' as 'god' ... freudian, or what?  You know how I really feel about dogs!)
  

1 comment:

  1. I can see you were in YOUR Happy Place.... god...dog... :)

    ReplyDelete