Saturday, October 9, 2010

Musings of the Flag-Girl

     This can be a very lonely job.  When I'm not talking to my new neighborhood friends or directing traffic, there is loads of time to think about things.  Today I was thinking about drivers and roadwork, and here are a few questions I was kicking around in my head.
     People often try to drive through the cones that are set up.  More often than I had envisioned.  Sometimes there is even a "road closed" sign that sits amongst the cones and still people try to drive through.  Do they think that it means the road is closed to everyone BUT THEM?  I don't get it.
   Sometimes the road crew has a huge trench dug across the road, and there are lots of big construction vehicles sitting all over the road.  People still want to go through this closed road.  And sometimes they get mad at me because I tell them it's not possible to get from point A to point B today.  Sure, get mad at me...this WAS my idea, right?
     Spinning your wheels and peeling out is very mature.  Be my guest and drive your truck into the trench.  Or a bulldozer.  Or the other big dozers and diggers that I have no idea what they're called.  Just not the crew...They're off limits.  Anyway, I am very impressed.  Oooooh.
     When people speed by and scream (bad things) I can't understand them.  They need to enunciate.
     I know "sign language" too.
    


   

3 comments:

  1. Like Connie, I can't wait for the next chapter!!!
    You are sooo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL,,too funny, Jody! I have a blog too,,don't post as much as I use to but I do have alot of my flowers and art stuff on it. So stop by when you can. I will keep checking on your fun adventures of the Flag girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on pins and needles, waiting for more Jodyisms - those witty, yet insightful, entries about life on the road (literally). Now, that I've read your blog, maybe I should return to mine and write, write, write. I haven't written for such a long time.
    Since you have a master's and all that . . ., you should consider applying at the local community college. Or have you already done that?

    ReplyDelete